Saturday, September 19, 2026

On The Eve of My Cancer Lobectomy - Again


Things are moving right along, my lung lobectomy is tomorrow. If it is successful, I take two steps forward, if not, I try something else.  All signs are pointing good.  On my last update I told you about birds, a favorite sign of mine.  And it took awhile, but yesterday a few returned.  After I cut back the tropical forest, and then changed out the feed, a few returned.  Not the cluster that use to feed, but enough to know that that part of my life is back in balance with the universe. Like I said, Birds stop coming, I get cancer, they return... you do the math. 

Before I go any further, I've seen comments about my reading signs in everything, like it's not practical, or it's superstitious.  I disagree, for one, according to ancient sanskrit text, during his six years of austerity, the Buddha had reached a point where he thought he might turn around and stop seeking enlightenment, and so he placed a golden alms bow in a river and said to the universe, "...if I am to go on and reach enlightenment, let this bowl go upstream, against the current, if not, let it simple float downstream." Of course the the bowl goes upstream, against the current, and Siddhartha Gautama becomes enlightened, or as we Nirhiren Buddhist know, became enlightened again for the up-tenth time as he had done numerous times before -- according to the Lotus Sutra, that is, the most important sutra of them all in my humble opinion -wink, wink.  But that's a conversation for another time. 

All religions have signs given by their god/gods, in Matthew 2:2 God places a star in the the sky as a sign to the wise men looking for the birth of a savior -- of course, the wise men are actually the Magi which represent the essential stages of our inner transformation on the spiritual path, none-the-less, they were given a sign, and had not they followed it....

Emperor Constantine the Great saw a luminous cross of light in the sky while marching his troops, and took it as a sign from the Christian War God to go kick ass and take names for his new found faith. 

Simply stated: signs are there for us if we choose to see them.  So as they say in Vegas, deal with it... or is it deal the cards(?) All the same. 

So the sign I yesterday was a kingfisher bird.  The first one I've ever seen in my life.  Actually, I thought it was a deformed bluejay that might have escaped from Chernobyl - for you young ones out there that's a reference to the Russian nuclear reactor meltdown in 1986 which evacuate a whole city with parts still inhabitable today.  But this was no nuclear mutant bird, this was the kingfisher bird with its long beak, and he/she/or its nonbinary self was staring right at me. I mean given me the look like, "what took you so long with the food?"  It wasn't moving, and so I went to get a camera, but it was gone.  If you remember with my last post and the Avian Oracles, the kingfisher was a sign of peace and prosperity.  So I'll take that as a positive sign. 

Yes, tomorrow is the same surgery I had five-years ago when I first had lung cancer.  I know the routine, it's difficult, excruciating pain to inhale, but they make you.  Excruciating pain to walk, but they make you. But it's worth it, and I've never been happier to endure the suffering.  For I am committed to being here for my family, friends, and you, both of you - hi mom. 

That's it for today, here's the shower kit I have titled "Ready to Prep," for my surgery.  And I learned last time to read the instructions.  For this stuff is bad on your head and private parts down there, I mean, wow, especially down there. Not again, not me. 

Please stay tuned, I'll post again as soon after the surgery as I can.  

Peace out

~~ Eso Terry 

No comments:

Post a Comment

On The Eve of My Cancer Lobectomy - Again

Things are moving right along, my lung lobectomy is tomorrow. If it is successful, I take two steps forward, if not, I try something else.  ...